- 57 gold bracelet events over 50 days, May 27-July 15.
- A $40,000 buy-in No-Limit Texas Hold’em event, to help mark the 40th annual World Series of Poker on May 28, 2009
- A “stimulus special” $1,000 buy-in No-Limit Texas Hold’em tourney on the opening weekend, May 30-31, 2009, which is anticipated to draw the largest-ever live tournament field (outside the Main Event).
- 10 $10,000 buy-in World Championship events (WC refers to tournaments with a buy-in of $10,000 in each of the various disciplines of poker)
- The third annual $50,000 buy-in H.O.R.S.E. events, with an enhanced gold bracelet and the Chip Reese Memorial Trophy awarded to the champion.
- 35 open tourneys priced at $2,500 or less, seven of which are the popular $1,500 No-Limit Hold’em events
- Return of the ladies, seniors and casino employee’s tournaments
As usual you will be able to qualify for the WSOP through online poker sites. Last year, over 1,000 qualified for the WSOP through PokerStars alone. So called satellite tournaments are already up and running on many sites.